We have moved!!! For my new posts click here!

Tuesday, January 22, 2008

A vacation and knitting

Hubby, daughter and I got a mini vacation this Sunday/Monday to Orlando. I got to knit the whole way which was nice of hubby for not making me drive. I got through with almost 1/3 of the knitting and writing of the pattern for one of my designs. I feel great for it.

I keep trying to make it to a knitting group meeting but so far no-go.

I did go to A.C. Moores charity knitting/crochet thing last Saturday, which was really nice. There were several people there for a while.

I have a list of things to do on this blog and I am going to list them here so I actually feel guilty enough to do them.

The List for my Blog:

Post photos of and the free pattern for my crochet dish cloths/wash cloths
Post about the yarns I have kool-aid dyed
Post tutorial for one of the kool-aid dyes

Now I also have a list business wise:

Finish all 3 patterns and the patterns for them.
Get one of those patterns emailed to Knitty (summer) and the another to MagKnits(any old time!)
Actually find a book that tells me how to WRITE a business plan and do it! (this is more of a priority but I have a strange feeling that it will be something that doesn't happen for a year!)
Figure out how to make a PDF so I can sell them via Ravelry (I don't intend to use Esty for pattern sales... ever)
Research advertisement stuff via the internet (choices I like so far are Ravelry ads and hopefully getting something printed on a big online knitting mag)

1 comment:

Aunt Kathy said...

Now that's a busy list.

I didn't know you could sell patterns directly from Ravelry... Now I need to make a list.

I have never been to Orlando. I'm a little jealous.

All patterns, free or otherwise are licensed. This means you can not SELL the patterns nor copy and paste them for free on your blog or even give them out for free, but you can direct people to this site to get them for themselves. You ARE allowed to sell/gift/burn what you make with my patterns so long as you don't call yourself the designer, just the maker of said object. If you do sell said object, please link back to my blog.




All photos are licensed and can only be used if they link back to this site. All other content is licensed and MUST have my permission or the license holders permission to use them on another site. Stealing content is not acceptable and in violation of the law.