We have moved!!! For my new posts click here!

Friday, February 1, 2008

Scalloped Dishcloth/Washcloth and other stuff

It seems I have won a contest at Aunt Kathy's Place today. Yippie. I haven't even looked over the patterns yet but I will!


I have been needing to post this pattern for a while. Like a week... no more than a week. Anyway it is here now!



Gauge: Unimportant.

Yarn: I used Sugar N'Cream cotton yarn but acrylic seems to stand up better to my dishes while cotton feels better on my face. Basically use whatever yarn you think will work well.

Hook: I think I used a G but can't remember. Could have been an H. Just use what you are comfortable with.

Scalloped dishcloth/washcloth

ch21 loosely

Row 1: ch1, sc into second ch from hook and into next ch, ch3, *skip next 2 chs, sc in next 3 chs, ch 3*, until last 4 chs, skip 2 chs and sc in last 2 chs.

Row 2: ch 1, turn; sc in first sc, *dc5 in the next ch-3 sp, skip next sc, sc in next sc*, finish row

Row 3: ch 4 (this counts as a dc plus ch 1), turn, skip next dc, sc into next 3 dc, *ch 3, skip next 3 sts, sc in next 3 dc*, until last 2 sts, ch 1, skip next dc, dc in last sc.

Row 4: ch 3 (this counts as a dc), turn, 2 dc in same st, skip next sc, sc in next sc, *dc5 in the next ch-3 sp, skip next sc, sc in next sc*, until last 2 sts, skip next sc, 3 dc in last dc.

Row 5: ch 1, sc into the next dc, ch 3, * skip next 3 sts, sc in next 3 dc, ch 3*, until last 5 sts, skip 3 sts, sc in last 2 dc.

Row 6: ch 1, turn; sc in first sc, *dc5 in the next ch-3 sp, skip next sc, sc in next sc*, finish row

Repeat rows 3 through 6 until almost desired length.
Repeat rows 3 & 4.
Finishing row: ch 1, sc into the next dc, ch 3, * skip next 3 sts, sc in next 3 dc, ch 3*, until last 5 sts, skip 3 sts, sc in last 2 dc.


I have not yet had someone test the pattern (meaning if there is a mistake I don't know aboutr it.) So if something is wrong please tell me in a comment or something!

Copyright 2008; All rights reserved.



copyright info at bottom of page.

14 comments:

Aunt Kathy said...

That pattern looks great, it reminds me of Honeycomb cereal LOL

MamaMay said...

LOL! Now it reminds me of honeycomb cereal as well! Though the blue one reminded me of shells... scallops to be exact.

Turtle said...

love the looks of it, bummer i can't crochet! congrats on winning at Kathy's~

Jodie said...

Your pattern is great!!! No mistakes what so ever... I crocheted it up in a 100% white cotton and loved it that much I made 2... Thanks for the pattern!!

Jodie

Anonymous said...

I just finished it - a wonderful pattern! Thank you for posting it.

Anonymous said...

It is a great pattern. I added a border all the way around in HDC and triples in each corner to finish it off. It works up fast and looks great. Thanks!

LauLee

Jessica said...

I love this pattern! Very easy! This is the 2nd dischloth I made. While making it I thought it would make a great scarf too. I may just have to do that! Thanks for the pattern.

Unknown said...

Thanks for the great pattern. Works up fast and easy. http://crystalcolwell.blogspot.com/2009/07/washcloth-set-for-baby-girl.html

Unknown said...

I am thinking of making these as gifts thanks for the pattern. Also I am thinking of adding LauLee's border thanks so much!

Unknown said...

P.S. How did you put the "Where I am in yarn projects...." %%% thingies on your blog?

MamaMay said...

That is a Ravelry thing.

Ravelry is a knit and crochet community that allows for all sorts of fun stuff.

http://www.ravelry.com/groups/we-3-progress-bars (must have a log in)

This is a blog entery about what Ravelry is:
http://christcoffeeandknittingneedles.blogspot.com/2009/01/what-is-ravelry.html

Unknown said...

I needed a new dishcloth. I enjoy shell patterns. This was a good little Sunday afternoon project. Thank you! :)

Anonymous said...

i have an issue...im not sure if it was my doing or not, but i just started row 5. i chained one,and i sc in the next dc (the second one from doing the 3 dc at the end of the 4th row.) i ch 3, but when i go to skip 3 ch, i have one st too many...so the 3 dc i would be sc in would be the first 3. wouldnt i need to be sc in the middle 3? and if i need to, how should i fix this problem?

Emmers said...

Dang it! I tied it off before reading the "repeat 3 and 4" section!!! Great pattern! I'll have to try this again :)

All patterns, free or otherwise are licensed. This means you can not SELL the patterns nor copy and paste them for free on your blog or even give them out for free, but you can direct people to this site to get them for themselves. You ARE allowed to sell/gift/burn what you make with my patterns so long as you don't call yourself the designer, just the maker of said object. If you do sell said object, please link back to my blog.




All photos are licensed and can only be used if they link back to this site. All other content is licensed and MUST have my permission or the license holders permission to use them on another site. Stealing content is not acceptable and in violation of the law.